Senior Software Engineer
Legl is a brand new SaaS platform for lawyers. Building on our flagship product, CrowdJustice, we're on a mission to make providing and using legal services simpler for everyone. We’ve already shown that we can change the way people pay for legal services, and make it easier for consumers to access the law and tell their legal story. We’ve won awards ranging from Best Tech Product (the Lawyer 2019) to Legal Innovator of the Year (Financial Times, 2018).
We're looking for a full stack engineer with strong back end experience to join our team in central London.
You'll be working on new features across the stack, writing high quality code to build new products from scratch, maintain for our internal systems and support our external-facing web applications. Some current opportunities that you could be working on:
- Building new software tools to help Lawyers work more efficiently. We’re increasing access to justice by giving lawyers more time to advise their clients.
- Developing payments and compliance infrastructure, making the experience of accessing legal services easy and lightweight for every client
- Radically changing the way legal services are delivered. There’s a lot of space for disruption here, and we need to experiment with anti-fraud, AML and security at the forefront of everything we do.
We are currently a three person engineering team, working in close co-operation with our Head of Product, Product Manager and UX/UI Designer. We have a lean day-to-day process, with few meetings and a focus on working demos rather than huge upfront plans. You’ll be trusted to organise your own work, bringing together the right people to help you build the best product. Things move and change quickly and we’re very agile. Mistakes are fine, especially if there's a good story to go with them!
We host on Heroku and use many other services where we can save development time, like Cloudflare, Papertrail, imgix and Sentry. You'll experiment with new technologies and services as we grow and we're keen to hear your ideas on where we can improve. As a small team, all our engineers get involved in every part of the system.
You don’t need any particular educational qualifications, we’re more interested in your skills and experience than where you got them.
Tech interviews are often stressful so we've designed our interview process to be fair, friendly and responsive. There are no surprise technical questions, and you'll always be prepared for the next stage.
- 20-30 minute non-technical phone/hangouts chat about the role
- 1.5 hour on-site interview where we'll discuss some of the recent work at CrowdJustice, pair program some tasks and talk about your future
- If successful, a fair offer and the chance to join a well funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice!
We welcome feedback. Let us know if you have any comments on the process in your application.
- Good salary and share options. We all share in our success.
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice and to do well by doing good.
- High impact in your role. You’ll be able to develop and grow professionally as well as have a big impact in the business.
- Learning a lot along the way. We encourage everyone to attend courses, talks and conferences and have regular 121s.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We'll be especially happy to see applications from underrepresented groups.