Head of Product
Legl is a brand new SaaS platform for lawyers. Building on our flagship product, CrowdJustice, we're on a mission to make providing and using legal services simpler for everyone. We’ve already shown that we can change the way people pay for legal services, and make it easier for consumers to access the law and tell their legal story. We’ve won awards ranging from Best Tech Product (the Lawyer 2019) to Legal Innovator of the Year (Financial Times, 2018).
Now we’re focusing on the lawyer side of our marketplace.
We’re looking for an exceptional product talent to help us get to our next stage of product development and growth.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you’ll have overall responsibility for product. You’ll own roadmap, lead on prioritisation and user testing, gather evidence, and cascade that down into an execution framework for the technology organisation.
You’ll have a founding team mindset, be part of the executive team, and will work cross-functionally on product and go to market initiatives, leveraging data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- You will be responsible for helping define long-term strategy. You will own medium-term and short-term roadmap planning and be accountable for delivery against roadmap.
- We are iterating and moving very rapidly – in an environment of rapid and agile deployment, you’ll make decisions regarding prioritisation and help ensure we are shipping in line with go-to-market needs.
- You’ll own planning – from design to user testing to stakeholder involvement, you’ll ensure that we are prepared to tackle future features and products quickly and efficiently.
- You’ll work with our product manager on fleshing out features, creating user journeys and making sure requirements are well-communicated to our engineering team.
- You’ll work closely with our engineering team to plan sprints and ensure that new products and features are continually shipped on time, and in line with specifications.
- You’ll lead on providing actionable, quantitative and qualitative insights and analysis on both our product and what we’re seeing in the market, that help us make decisions about product.
- You’ll directly line-manage a product manager and a UI/UX designer.
- You’ll work closely with our sales and go-to-market team, as well as our technical team, to ensure the commercial side of the business and technical side are moving in sync, and that build corresponds to commercial needs.
- You’ll be someone who thrives on fast-paced change and rapid deployment. As such, startup experience is highly desirable. An entrepreneurial mind-set, can-do approach and a willingness to get stuck in is a must.
- You have a can-do mindset and a flexible approach – no problem can’t be solved with a bit of application.
- You have a collaborative mindset – the ability to work cross-functionally, give visibility and make recommendations and challenge and support others with first principle reasoning.
- Excellent analytical ability and command of the tools (spreadsheets, potentially data analysis software/programming languages) necessary to structure and analyse data.
- A super smart do-er, you are able to identify and understand complex business issues, draw insights and communicate them concisely and clearly to stakeholders with different levels of background knowledge.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Good salary and share options. We all share in CrowdJustice's success.
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup early on its mission to make accessing legal services easier for everyone.
- High impact in your role. Success in this role will allow you to develop and grow professionally as well as have a big impact in the business.
- Team of smart, ambitious and genuinely kind people
- Frequent networking events and industry talks
- Bright Central London office with a barista, craft beer and prosecco on tap
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.